Blogosphere

>> Friday, September 10, 2010

OK blog world, here I am! 

I've been so impressed by several of my friends' blogs and finally decided it was time to commit to my own. I love reading everyone's great ideas, exciting adventures and stories, and this has pushed me into wanting my own space on the web. Some people have blogs specifically aimed at one topic or hobby. For me there is just too much to write about, so this space will be dedicated to my thoughts, ideas, favorite things and anything else I can put in print.

I've always loved writing and found it to be a great escape for me. When I was younger I would tell my dad I wanted to be a professional reader when I grew up. I later found out there was not much money to be made (if any at all) in reading professionally, so I decided writing was the next best thing. I always kept journals as a little girl and have now found it rather amusing to read my thoughts as a 6th grader. Let me tell you about the problems an 11-year-old girl has...OK, not many really, but at the time who I had a crush on was the most important thing. I took my love of writing into college and earned a bachelor's degree in Journalism. I really felt at "home" among all the other aspiring writers and wanted to jump into a career doing what I loved best. While this hasn't panned out so far, I'm still optimistic that a perfect job opportunity will come along and I can spend the rest of my life writing and sharing with the world.

That's all for this post. I'll leave you with one of my favorite photos of me and my adorable little nephew, Christian. He is one of the great joys in my life!



0 comments:

Post a Comment